Friday, August 7, 2020

Painting and Poetry - The Emerald Peak

 

Acrylic Painting: "Abstract Topography" 

(reference note: artwork is like a topography map, top-side is north)

I

I sailed through a rough sea; enduring the biggest waves that one could ever see;

Saw an island and landed on its shore, looked around wondering what was in store;

Then I started to walk towards south,  enduring thirst and a drying mouth;

II

Then to the west I saw a peak, hiked towards it wanting a peek;

Then suddenly I heard a thunderous ‘boom!’; I ran towards north, dodging rocks - escaping doom;

Exhausted but soon reached the far edge, then I rested safely on a ledge;

Then resumed and walked heading northwest, and suddenly found myself in a pretty forest;

Surprised – I found a big river, the cold refreshing bath gave me a shiver;

 III

Beyond it and past the tree line, a majestic emerald peak stands sublime;

Tackled its steep slope, the view filled me with hope;

And alas on the top I proudly stood,  to find beauty I say – explore we should;

For life’s blessings are not given free, face the danger and favor will come to thee.


No comments: